
I have a small collection consisting of a few old cameras as well as a couple old light meters. This one, a Weston Master light meter, is probably the older of the 2 as from what I can tell this model was produced from around 1939-1945. I also have an old Sekonic L-86 "Auto-Lumi" that I believe was produced around 1963 - 1978. I was looking at them the other day and was curious about how to use these correctly and though for the most part they are not to difficult to figure out there were a couple things about them I was wondering about. After searching the internet I was able to find a site that had PDF copies of the original manuals so I could look over the original instructions and after that I gave them a try. From what I can tell they seem to still work pretty good but may be off a stop or so but I need to try them out some more in different conditions like out side in better light. Not that I would ever use them and when I do need a light meter I use a more modern Sekonic L-308B that I bought new several years ago but it is interesting checking them out and knowing how to use them. The other interesting thing I found was the Weston Light meters were one of the brands Ansel Adams used especially before spot meters came about.
No comments:
Post a Comment