Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Hiking Mt. Rose


I think every year we do a hike or two in the fall and ask ourselves why we don't get out and hike more during the warmer months as we live so close to many different scenic areas. This fall I did get the kids out on a few hikes to enjoy our area, although they are guaranteed to be forced on a few hikes to go exploring for fall colors to photograph.

These photos are from a hike I took the kids on up on Mt. Rose in October. The trail we were on will take you all the way up on top of Mt. Rose Summit and we made it.....well....not very far as they got a little chilly where the trail goes threw the shaded areas. The portion of the trail we did hike had some nice views of the valleys below and the kids had fun climbing on the rocks and doing some exploring.

I think we did more hiking this year and hopefully next year we will do even more.












No comments: