Friday, March 23, 2012

Horses and Marmots

Went out in the middle of the day today to see about taking some photos of the wild horses. Not the most ideal time of the day to try and take photos of wildlife (if you consider the horses to be wildlife) but then it was more of an exercise of getting out and taking some photos while I had free time and seeing what I could come up with for the conditions. It was super windy out today also and that made it slightly more challenging to keep the camera steady with a larger lens on.



 After checking out the horses for a bit I drove over off East McCarran where there are some fields and there were marmots all over the place so I pulled off along side the road where I saw one near the edge of the field to try and get some images of them. They are real skittish so most the time they just took off for their burrow but I managed to get a few of this guy sticking his head out.



No comments: