


Here are a few more photos I took while out at the Reno Air Races this week. The 2 prop driven planes were shot with a shutter speed of 1/200 sec. for the Breitling plane and 1/250 sec. for the Rare Bear plane so that I could get some blur on the prop. An even slower shutter speed would give a better blur on the prop however I would need a lot more practice to get some pictures that are not totally blurred. Rare Bear is one of the race planes and I believe it holds the course record for a prop driven plane at almost 500 mph.
The Air Force plane I believe is the C-17 Globemaster IIIs. They did a pretty impressive demo in that aircraft. Part of the demo was to show how fast it comes to a stop upon landing, very short distance for an aircraft of that size. I believe this was also the one that climes pretty fast at takeoff, mainly for when they are in battle zones this enables them to get out of range of enemy fire faster.
No comments:
Post a Comment